Subject: Introduction to eBusiness
– Recommended textbook for the assignment: Laudon, K. C. & Traver, C. G. (2013). E-commerce Essentials, 1st Edition. Pearson. ISBN-13: 9780133544985. (CHAPTERS 3 & 4)
– Answer the following essay questions:
1. The Internet was not originally envisioned to be the foundation for modern business. What were the key design and implementation choices that made current eBusiness possible?
2. Describe the major eBusiness transactions, the equipment and protocols used to support those transactions, and the role of various utility applications.
3. Your boss asks you to help him establish a set of major decisions about transforming his small but thriving custom-used furniture renovation and repurposing business into an eBusiness. Your boss does use a computer but no one in the firm is an IT person per se. The office manager, however, appears to be able to take care of most computer problems when they occur. Without knowing any more, what decisions need to be made? List them in priority order and explain your rationale.
4. A friend of yours owns a speed shop for Toyota and Lexus with a focus on selling performance-enhancing kits, dynamometer testing and tuning services, and support for the do-it-yourself enthusiasts. She loves using computers to solve problems, has created many computer-driven custom solutions, and wants to enhance her business by offering detailed hands-on online training, how-to-videos, and support services for each of the high-profit high-volume kits her firm sells. She would like you to produce two recommendations: an in-house solution and an out-sourced solution, both tailored to her firm so she can make an informed choice. Keep it brief, she doesn’t have much time.
5. What are the unique issues of mBusiness (mobile business) customers that must be addressed in order to enable success of eBusiness firms targeting mobile clients? Provide a realistic scenario to illuminate your points.