This course has major project assignments due in Week 3 and Week 5. It will take more than a week’s effort to adequately complete them. Plan time to start the research and work on those assignments earlier than the week in which they are due.
In recent years, the free trade movement has come under increasing fire as markets have opened and barriers to trade have fallen.
Research the pros and cons of free trade, considering the perspectives of both advocates and critics. Assess whether the benefits of free trade outweigh the drawbacks.
Write a report in APA style (for example: appropriate title page, spacing, and margins; correct formatting of citations and references used to support your perspectives; properly formatted headings to organize your work).
Be sure to include the following in your report:
Summary of Free Trade:
- What is free trade?
- What are the pros and cons?
Example of Free Trade Impact:
- Discuss one of the following:
- A specific example of a business in your area that is vulnerable to layoffs or closure, or has been downsized, as a result of outsourced operations
- A specific example of a new business or service that has been created or transformed, or has grown as a result of free trade.
- A specific example of an increase or decrease in the availability of specific products/services in terms of cost, quality and differentiation, which may be attributed to free trade.
Assessment of Free Trade:
- Provide rationale and research support whether the benefits of free trade outweigh the drawbacks.
- Submit your plan in a 3- to 4-page Microsoft Word document, using APA style.
- Name your plan document SU_BUS1101_W1_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
- Submit your document to the Submissions Area by the due date assgined.
You will receive feedback and suggestions from your facilitator.
Note: On the basis of the suggestions and feedback from your facilitator, refine your work for the course project. If additional input is needed from your facilitator, please arrange for the consultation.