Review the following lecture:
- Workplace Harassment
The project assignment provides a forum for analyzing and evaluating relevant topics for this unit on the basis of the course competencies covered.
The Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) makes it illegal for employers to retaliate against an employee for voicing concerns and filing a safety complaint against the organization. The human resource manager, safety compliance manager, leaders, and employees should be well informed of all safety policies and disclose any violations. Conduct an Internet search to find a court case in which a whistle-blower faced termination or discrimination for disclosing safety violations against the employer.
- Identify the parties involved in the OSHA violation and provide the factual details of the event, which led to litigation.
- Analyze the facts and apply the OSHA regulations for whistle-blowers.
- Analyze the facts and determine if the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) applies to the organization.
- Justify your view on what should have been done to prevent the OSHA violation as well as provide your advice and best OSHA practices to avoid future OSHA violations and litigations.
To support your work, use your course and textbook readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite all sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
- Create a 2- to 3-page Word document.
- Name your file as SU_HRM5020_W4_Project_LastName_FirstName.