- Briefly describe the case study you selected.
- Explain the systems development life cycle present in the case.
- Describe the workflow model that was used. Explain whether this workflow model is a good fit and why.
- Explain how the clinical decision support system impacted workflow in the case.
- Assess the role of the nurse informaticist in the case study and how the role could be beneficial to internal and external customers. (Customers external to health care organizations include patients, patients’ families and visitors, referring physicians, doctors’ offices, blood donors, and third-party payers. Internal customers include nurses, staff physicians and other professionals, students, trainees, employees, departments, and committees.)
- Recommend an alternative workflow model that could be used in this scenario. Explain how it improves patient safety and/or outcomes.
- Support your recommendation by synthesizing and integrating at least two outside resources and two of the provided Resources.
Tilley, S. (2020). Systems analysis and design (12th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage.
Chapter 1, “Introduction to Systems Analysis and Design”
Chapter 2, “Analyzing the Business Case” (pp. 45–70)
Thompson, C., Kell, C., Shetty, R., & Banerjee, D. (2016). Clinical workflow redesign leveraging informatics improves patient outcomes. Heart & Lung: The Journal of Acute and Critical Care, 45(4), 380–381. doi:10.1016/j.hrtlng.2016.05.025