Overview: This milestone focuses on the topics of this week’s lessons: managing and appraising employee performance. Using the material on performance management and appraisals provided in this week’s lesson and the case, in a short paper you should: Determine the HRM’s role in the performance management process and explain how to ensure the process aligns with the organization’s strategic plan. Differentiate between the trait, behavioral, and results-based performance appraisal systems, providing an example where each would be most applicable. Identify best suited appraisal for the Maersk Customer Service – CARE Business Partner. Identify and describe a variety of performance rating scales that can be used in organizations including graphical scales, letter scales, and numeric scales. Guidelines for Submission: Your submission should be 2–3 pages in length and double-spaced using 12-point Times New Roman font. Be sure to list your references at the end of your paper. Submit journal assignment as a Word document. Instructor Feedback: This activity uses an integrated rubric in Brightspace. Students can view instructor feedback in the Grade Center. (Waiting on instructor feedback, once given will added).
Chapters to use if needed:
- Performance Management Systems
- 8.1aThe Purposes of Performance Management
- 8.1bWhy Performance Management Systems Sometimes Fail
- 8.2Developing an Effective Performance Management System
- 8.2aWhat Are the Performance Standards?
- 8.2bDo Your Evaluations Comply with the Law?
- 8.2cWho Should Appraise an Employee’s Performance?
- 8.2dPutting It All Together: 360-Degree Evaluations
- 8.2eTraining Appraisers
- 8.3Performance Evaluation Methods
- 8.3aTrait Methods
- 8.3bBehavioral Methods
- 8.3cResults Methods
- 8.3dWhich Performance Evaluation Method Should You Use?