For this assignment, you have the opportunity to apply what you have learned from the assigned module readings and any additional research you may have done. You will need to consider values, communication ethics, individual ethics, organization ethics, communication and diversity barriers, overcoming the barriers, and how diversity supports or does not support interpersonal effectiveness. Within your response to these areas, consider and expand on the types of interpersonal communication media, such as verbal, written, e-mail, social media, etc., used in the organization and how such media aid or hinder the relationships in the organization.
In this module, focus on interpersonal communication—present or past—in your organization. On the basis of your research and experience, respond to the following:
- Identify the major types of interpersonal communication that you observe.
- Identify how interpersonal relationships are formed.
- Examine the implications of these relationships on communication.
- Record any examples that support your observations.
- Analyze the communication practices observed.
Consider the following in your analysis:
- Major forms of interpersonal communication
- Implications of interpersonal relationships for communication
Integrate and cite concepts/terms/theories from the module readings.
Your final product will be a 3- to 4-page Microsoft Word document (not including the title and reference pages). Utilize at least three scholarly sources. Your paper should be formatted as per current APA standards; be written in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.