|P1- Define and compare the different roles and characteristics of a leader and a manager.|
|P2 – Examine examples of how the role of a leader and the function of a manager apply in different situational context.
P3- Apply different theories and models of approach, including situational leadership, systems leadership and contingency.
M1 – Analyse and differentiate between the role of a leader and function of a manager by effectively applying a range of theories and concepts.
M2 -Assess the strengths and weaknesses of different approaches to situations within the work environment.
D1 -Critically analyse and evaluate the different theories and approaches to leadership in given contexts.
- Before you begin to analyze the organization’s requirements you need to clarify your understanding of management, leadership and their different theories and styles. You must then apply the role of a leader and the function of a manager in given contexts to ensure that effective decision making can take place
- Include an introduction to the organization and management structure.
- Include definitions and roles of both managers and leaders, highlighting the differences between management and leadership.
- Include the different roles of management and leadership in application to different organizational situations, supported by theories and concepts.
- Include how such theories apply to the organization and how these have supported growth and sustainable performance.
- Include conclusions on how managers and leaders have made an impact on the organization and recommendations for future improvements.
The assignment must be submitted on the submission date through Moodle, unless communicated differently. Late submissions will not be assessed.
Since reporting on the role of management and leadership within Nissan (or an organization of your choice) as the HR Manager, the CEO and founder have now asked you to provide feedback on best approaches and practices with regards to operations management.
This will take the form of a detailed report and will address how the leadership and management team can improve overall operations within the company.
To complete this task, you must to cover:
- Explain the key approaches to operations management and the role that leaders and managers play.
- Also explain the importance and value of Operations Management in achieving various business objectives.
- Finally evaluate how leaders and managers can improve efficiencies of operational management to successfully meet stated business objectives.
P4- An introduction to the key operations of the organisation. Explain Operations Management.
P4- Explain Six Sigma, Lean Production, TQM, Just in Time, Inventory Management and details of each of the key operational functions, identifying the roles and responsibilities of managers in the key operational functions.
P5- Explanation of the importance of operations management in achieving objectives.
M3- Explain how operational efficiencies can be improved to successfully meet business objectives using appropriate management and leadership approaches.
M3- Provide conclusions and supported recommendations
|Learning Outcomes and Assessment Criteria|
|LO3: Demonstrate an appreciation of the role leaders and managers play in the operations function of an organisation||P4 Explain the key approaches to operations management and the role that leaders and managers play.
P5 Explain the importance and value of operations management in achieving business objectives
|M3 Evaluate how leaders and managers can improve efficiencies of operational management to successfully meet business objectives.|
Learning Outcome 4: Demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between leadership
and management in a contemporary business environment
Continuing from the previous Presentation and Report (in Task No. 1),as a final submission, you have been asked to prepare a detail report on the same for your selected business. A business does not function in isolation. There are many factors that impact the operational management aspects of businesses.
To complete this task, you must:
- Assess the various factors within the business environment that impact upon operational management and decision-making by leaders and managers; and analyze how these different factors affect the business environment and wider community
- Finally, critically evaluate the application of operations management and factors that impact on the wider business environment.
P6- Clearly outline the various dimensions of the contemporary business environment for your selected business, such as CSR, Culture, Ethics and Sustainability.
P6- Discuss the various business stakeholders and how businesses use entrepreneurship and intrapreneurship to sustain relationships with them.
M4- Provide proper analysis of the impact of various business environment factors.
D2- Provide proper reasoning and justification and evaluate the application of operations management and factors that impact your selected business environment.
D2– Provide conclusions and supported recommendations
Work must be submitted on the submission date through Moodle ,unless communicated differently.
Late submissions will not be assessed.
|Learning Outcomes and Assessment Criteria|
|LO4 Demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between leadership and management in a contemporary business environment||P6 Assess the factors within the business environment that impact upon operational management and decision-making by leaders and managers||M4 Analyse how these different factors affect the business environment and wider community.||D2 Critically evaluate application of operations management and factors that impact on the wider business environment.|