Using the work WBS(work breakdown structure)
Company: XYZ Consulting is a 100-person consulting company that specializes in data management, data governance, and BI. They are a 10 year old company having difficulties understanding how to estimate future revenue and costs.
I need assigned as the PM, I have a business analyst and technical resource assigned to my team. The BA is brand new to the company and the technical resource is currently part of 4 project teams. The project has high visibility and importance to the CEO. He wants to do periodic check-ins and treat this like an Agile project.
Timeline: 6 months
Key Stakeholders: CEO, controller, consulting lead
What I am Looking t: A forecasting and budget tool that outlines both income and costs for 6 months by month.
· Existing business by month
· New business/sales by Month
· Number of resources, two types: senior and junior
· Resource hiring and attrition
· Training expense
· Meals and entertainment
· Dynamic – can change an input and everything changes
· Tied to company metrics
· Allows us to understand who we hire, type, comp level, what can we afford, and impact to budget
· What if one month is off
· What if/scenario planning
· Integrated with time tracking and financial systems
· Accounts for historical trends and seasonality