Cultivation strategies should be customized for each type of donor, based on the ability of the organization’s infrastructure to create and maintain donor relationships as well as the needs of the donor types. Creating and maintaining meaningful relationships with individual donors may be a bit different than doing the same with foundation staff or government agency staff. Put yourself in “the shoes” of the donor. How would you like to become and remain engaged with the nonprofit organization? What kind of communication would you appreciate? What would you need from the organization to remain a loyal donor?
In a 3- to 4-page paper (not including the title page and references), identify and describe cultivating potential donors.
- Briefly describe the nonprofit organization you are using (USO: United Service Organization). Specify the donors that the organization currently relies on for financial support.
- Critically evaluate the existing overall donor cultivation strategies.
- Describe two new donors for this organization. Explain how you would cultivate relationships with those specific potential donors.
- Finally, evaluate how the documented donor cultivation strategies would improve on and build the level of trust, loyalty, and engagement that donors have in the organization.
Use proper APA formatting and include the following:
- An introduction that states the purpose of the paper
- Level 1 headings to define each part of the paper
- A conclusion to synthesize the entire paper
- A minimum of three scholarly sources to support your paper
- In-text citations as appropriate
- A reference list