STEP 1: Read the assignment instructions below.
STEP 2: Use Microsoft Word to complete this assignment.
STEP 3: Submit the written assignment in the dropbox below.
This exercise is divided in two sections or parts and you will have to answer two (2) questions:
- First, you must visit and take the quiz to find out your political ideology at one or both of the following web-sites:
- Then, write a short paragraph (four or five sentences) explaining the results of the quizz(es). Do you believe that these quizzes accurately measured your idelogical leanings to the right or the left?
- The second part of this assignment requires that you select a topic in one of the chapters covered by this module and conduct research by visiting one of the web-sites listed below under the heading of Options.
- Then, write a short essay (two or three paragraphs: minimum 9 sentences):
- explain why you decided to research that topic;
- how does it relate to the chapter you selected;
- discuss whether you consider this site a good tool for learning about American politics.
- Chapter 5: Public Opinion:Chapter 6: The Media
If you choose to cover this chapter, you must visit a non-traditional mainstream media source and identify whether it leans to the left or the right; or whether the site represents academic viewpoints that are non-partisan (neither left nor right leanings).
- PollingReport.com is a nonpartisant source on current trends in public opinion: http://www.pollingreport.com
- Real Clear Politics is a source for comparing polling results from several sources. It also aggregates the result from election polls: http://www.realclearpolitics.com